Melbourne’s favourite dog-friendly outdoor cinema, Moonlight Cinema, is back with a blockbuster lineup
Get ready to bask in the glow of the silver screen under the summer night sky as Moonlight Cinema, Australia’s beloved outdoor movie experience, kicks off its 28th season. With a fantastic December program and tickets now available, film enthusiasts can look forward to an enchanting summer filled with stars, flicks, and fun.
This cinematic extravaganza, brought to you by Energizer, will grace five picturesque parklands and outdoor venues across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide. Sessions are set to run from the end of November 2023 through to April 2024, ensuring a season-long dose of outdoor movie magic. This summer, Moonlight Cinema will return to Melbourne from December 1 onwards.
Keep up with the latest in local news and entertainment here.
View this post on Instagram
The December lineup is nothing short of spectacular, featuring 2023’s biggest Hollywood hits, including “The Hunger Games: Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes,” “Trolls Band Together,” and the brand-new romantic comedy “Anyone But You” starring Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell. But that’s not all.
On the 8th and 9th of December, Moonlight Cinema will turn pink for a full weekend of ‘Pink Party’ screenings, celebrating the release of “Barbie,” with Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling. Everyone is encouraged to deck themselves out in shades of pink and enjoy the film soundtrack under the starry night sky.
As Christmas approaches, Moonlight Cinema has you covered with a dose of festive cheer. The “Christmas Favourites” segment, presented by Telstra, will feature classic holiday movies, including “Love Actually,” “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation,” “Die Hard,” “Home Alone,” “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” and “Elf.”
In addition to these movie highlights, December also brings exclusive preview screenings of the critically acclaimed “May December” starring Natalie Portman and Julianne Moore, and the highly anticipated “Next Goal Wins” starring Michael Fassbender, directed by Academy Award® winner Taika Waititi.
For those seeking a touch of nostalgia, December offers screenings of the 90s classics “Jurassic Park” (1993) and “The Mighty Ducks” (1992).
What’s On At Moonlight:
Under the balmy summer night skies, Moonlight Cinema will come to life with a range of experiences:
- Platinum Experience (Sydney and Melbourne locations only): Enjoy the evening sunset with an exclusive hamper featuring a range of classic picnic delicacies from Victoria’s High Country. Plus, enjoy waiter service to your deluxe double bean bed.
- AAMI Gold Grass: For prime views and waiter service, AAMI Gold Grass offers a range of food and beverage options delivered straight to your bean bed.
- Connoisseur Lounge: Ice-cream lovers can indulge in tickets to the Connoisseur Lounge, which come with a bean bed in a reserved area and an indulgent Connoisseur Gourmet Ice Cream stick.
- K9 Natural: Moonlight Cinema is a beloved dog-friendly night out, and this season, you can hire a plush bean bed for your furry family member, thanks to Moonlight’s dog partner, K9 Natural.
- Garnier Garden Cart: Guests will also be able to take home samples of some of Garnier’s most popular products at the Garnier Garden Cart. The leading natural beauty brand is this year’s official Beauty partner and will be onsite throughout the season at movie screenings across the country.
- Official Aperol Spritz Bar: Moonlight welcomes the Italian spritz synonymous with summer, providing freshly made Aperol Spritz all season long.
As always, guests can prepare their own picnics, bring along refreshments, and enjoy one of Australia’s quintessential summer experiences (Moonlight Cinema is BYO in all locations apart from Brisbane).
Moonlight Cinema runs in Melbourne: Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, 1 December – 30 March. Tickets now on sale for sessions at the website.