Surf's up, the California band are riding the waves to Australia for their first Aussie tour.
Sun Room, the Southern Californian band known for their feel-good surf sounds and vibrant live performances, is set to make their Australian debut this summer.
Hailing from the sunny shores of the USA, they’ll be gracing stages across Oz with their unique blend of garage and SoCal surf music, transporting audiences back to the golden era of surf culture while adding their modern twist. Their Australian tour kicks off in late December and runs through January, with a couple of local stops, including one at the Barwon Club Hotel in Geelong on 14 January.
Sun Room Australian Tour
- December 26 – Out & About Festival, Perth, WA
- December 28 – Sol Bar, Sunshine Coast, QLD
- December 29 – The Northern, Byron Bay, NSW
- December 30 – Best Night Ever, Miami Marketta, Gold Coast, QLD
- January 1 – Spaced Out Festival, Brisbane, QLD
- January 2 – Coffs Hotel, Coffs Harbour, NSW
- January 4 – Finnians Hotel, Port Macquarie, NSW
- January 5 – King Street Bandroom, Newcastle, NSW
- January 6 – Avalon RSL, Northern Beaches, NSW
- January 7 – La La La’s, Wollongong, NSW
- January 9 – The Lansdowne, Sydney, NSW
- January 11 – Westernport Hotel, San Remo, VIC
- January 12 – Stay Gold, Melbourne, VIC
- January 13 – Coastal Jam, Mornington, VIC
- January 14 – Barwon Club, Geelong, VIC
- January 19 – Jive, Adelaide, SA
Keep up with the latest music news, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
Taking inspiration from legendary acts like The Seeds, The Birds, and The Ventures, Sun Room has been hailed as a “modern version of the Beach Boys.” Their music is a delightful blend of 70s classic rock, 80s new wave, and a generous serving of surf thrash. It’s a musical cocktail that’s as refreshing as a dip in the Pacific Ocean.
Founded in the vibrant surf community of Southern California, Sun Room’s rise to fame began with backyard house parties. They’ve become known for their high-energy performances that fuse breakneck BPMs with raucous punk spirit. The band, composed of avid surfers and skaters, has a garage where they create music, sharing the same passion they have for catching waves.
This summer, Sun Room is ready to bring their sunny vibrations to Australia, marking their debut tour across the country from coast to coast. Whether you’re in Perth or Port Macquarie, the Sunshine Coast or the Surf Coast, Sun Room is set to transport you to the quintessential California surf culture. So, if you’re ready to cruise into the feel-good hits of the summer, Sun Room is the band to catch.
Tickets and further information at lovepolice.com.au