13 winning shots were unveiled, captured by eight talented photographers, comprising both familiar faces and fresh entrants.
In a dazzling display of coastal talent, One Agency Surf Coast has unveiled the stellar shots capturing the essence of the region in its fifth annual calendar photo competition. Esteemed surf photographer Ed Sloane faced the enviable task of selecting the 13 winning photographs from a pool of over 200 submissions.
The cover shot for the highly anticipated 2024 calendar was claimed by Torquay photographer Paul Elshaug, whose mesmerising image of Point Danger at sunrise stole the limelight. This is no small feat, considering the fierce competition from a pool of eight talented photographers, including both familiar faces and fresh entrants.
Stay up to date with what’s happening within the region’s art scene here.
Shaun O’Callaghan, Director of One Agency Surf Coast, shared his enthusiasm for the competition’s participants, stating, ““It was great to see new talents among the winning photographers, including a 16-year-old budding Torquay photographer who is very handy with a Canon camera!
“We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all the individuals who took part in our competition this year. It’s a privilege to call to amazing place home, and through your lens, we continue to be wowed by its beauty.”
View this post on Instagram
One Agency Surf Coast took community involvement to the next level by inviting locals to vote for their favourite photo through a Facebook competition. The coveted ‘Crowd Favourite Award’ was bestowed upon Mount Duneed photographer Phil Thomson for his captivating image, ‘At the Mouth.’
For those eager to bring a touch of the coastal magic into their homes, the free calendars are available at One Agency Surf Coast’s office at 22 Bristol Road, Torquay. With Christmas around the corner, these calendars make for fantastic and thoughtful gifts.
The calendar competition winners for 2024
- Paul Elshaug: Cover (Point Danger) and March (Torquay Surf Beach) [@the_simple_still]
- Louise Edebone: January (Solitude, Jan Juc Beach) and August (Reef Patterns – Fisherman’s Beach) [@activeloulou]
- Phil Thomson: February (Sunrise Surfers) and December (At the Mouth – Crowd Favourite) [@Philthomsonphotography]
- Brett Edwards: April (Bells)
- Josh Crabtree: May (The Winki Pop Wanderer) and July (Breaking Dawn) [@joshcrabtreephotography]
- Romy: June (Tangerine Horse) and October (Cathedral Glow) [@romyphotographer]
- Fletcher Allmand: September (Jan Juc Bird Rock) [@fl3tch.photography]
- Callum Grindal: November (Jan Juc Beach) [@csgphoto]
The photographic wonders of the Surf Coast await within the pages of the 2024 calendar. The celebration of local talent and the breathtaking coastal landscape continues, marking another successful chapter in One Agency Surf Coast’s annual calendar tradition.
You can find out more here.