The event will physically transform Wyndham Park into a stunning neon-lit wonderland from Friday 17 to Sunday 26 March 2023.
Melbourne’s west is being treated to a dazzling after-dark experience for 10 spectacular evenings this March with ‘Lit at Wyndham Park‘.
Taking over the park at the heart of Werribee City Centre, Wyndham Park from 17-26 March, attendees can expect wondrous landscapes transformed by brilliant lighting experiences including a breathtaking laser show and rainbow sky canopy, interactive projections, a pulsing light lawn, a magical glowing nature trail, plus much more.
Stay up to date with what’s happening in and around the region here.
After a hugely successful launch in 2022, LIT returns bigger and even better in 2023, with impressive new elements and immersive experiences, all set against a beautiful parkland setting. Presented by Wyndham City, this free, family-friendly event is designed for all ages and will transform Wyndham Park in the heart of Werribee each night from 8pm-11pm.
Highlights in this year’s program will include:
- A breathtaking laser show, beamed every half hour on the main lawn, with a high-energy soundtrack to keep visitors enthralled. In between shows the lasers will project an otherworldly rainbow sky canopy.
- Cortex – a tangle of towering glowing arches inspired by the mysterious beauty of mangrove forests. Created by award-winning Australian arts group The Indirect Object.
- The Great Escape – featuring an 800m trail of glowing night creatures as they emerge from their world, deep within a magical wardrobe, created by Melbourne based visual team, Skunk Control.
- Human Effect – a shifting, growing canvas featuring projections of native plants that respond to touch. Created by artist Yandell Walton.
- Admix – a trail of twelve playful, gobo light projections from local Wyndham Artist Rukz One, who draws inspiration from skateboarding, hip hop and Melbourne’s street art culture.
- Plus lots more! Including a pulsing lawn of lights, light-drenched trees, 40 giant mirror balls, strung into trees, twirling and sparkling overhead and an interactive installation of rainbow neon light strings that you can twist, bend and shape into your own unique design.
View this post on Instagram
LIT will be open from 8pm to 11pm each night, with the main entrance from Wedge Street Piazza off Watton Street – with local restaurants, bars, pubs, gelato and takeaway options just a short stroll away. Watton Street is home to a diverse selection of multicultural cuisines – take your choice from Italian, Indian, Filipino, Sri Lankan, Mexican, Indonesian, plus lots more.
Wyndham Park is located within easy walking distance of free public car parking, alternatively it’s a short walk from Werribee Train Station for those wishing to arrive by public transport.
LIT runs from Friday 17 to Sunday 26 March, 2023 from 8pm to 11pm each night at Wyndham Park – entry via Wedge Street Piazza, Werribee. This is a free Wyndham City event – no bookings required. Head here for more info.