Brb, making magic.
If there’s anything positive to come out of this awful pandemic, it’s surely all the secret recipes from some of our favourite goodies.
We’d have the Monte Carlo, the Iced Volvo, Tim Tam Brownies, the Scotch Finger – all courtesy of Arnott’s, but now we have two words for you. Cookie Fries.
Walt Disney World’s cookie fries to be exact, which are found at the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at the Beach Club Resort.
No real trip to Disney World is complete without gorging yourself silly on all the ludicrous and over the top creations available, and these cookie fries are a must have. And while we can’t get to Disney World, the Disney Parks Blog has brought the magic to us, sharing the recipe for the plant-based cookie fries. They’re super simple to whip up in your kitchen too, perfect for your next afternoon of iso baking.
Disney World’s Plant-Based Cookie Fries
Makes 32 fries
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
7 tablespoons warm water
5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to the mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chops.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favourite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.
Notes: Plant-based egg substitutes vary by brand and may absorb different amounts of flour and sugar. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 additional tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until it resembles the texture of traditional cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chips, chill, and bake as directed.