Out of over 530 stunning submissions, 13 finalists were selected through a public vote.
The winners of the highly anticipated 2024 Geelong Wall Calendar Competition have been named. This annual tradition aims to curate a collection of captivating images that highlight the natural beauty and talent found within the region.
Every year, local amateur and professional photographers enthusiastically participate in the competition, striving to secure a spot in the coveted calendar. The end result is a visual delight that graces the walls of over 110,000 residents’ homes and the City’s customer service and leisure centres – and the best part? It’s distributed free of charge.
Stay up to date with what’s happening within the region’s art scene here.
For the 2024 edition, a whopping 530 submissions flooded in from talented photographers, all eager to capture the essence of Greater Geelong. To ensure the calendar truly represents the community, the final 13 images were selected through a public vote, with an impressive 15,000 unique voters participating in the competition.
The prestigious title of the 2024 Geelong Calendar cover image goes to “Sunrise, Geelong Waterfront” by the gifted photographer, Daniel Martin. This stunning shot captures the city’s iconic waterfront bathed in the soft glow of dawn.
Here’s a glimpse of the winning images for each month:
- January 2024: “Geelong Waterfront” by Kim Talento
- February 2024: “Pier, Geelong Waterfront” by Jason Sommer
- March 2024: “Pylons, Clifton Springs” by Keith Williams
- April 2024: “Balloons over the Barwon” by Amanda Linton
- May 2024: “Black swan, Corio Bay” by Kathryn Snow
- June 2024: “Foggy morning, Curlewis” by Jon Bagge
- July 2024: “Ozone shipwreck Indented Head” by Karen Wekwerth
- August 2024: “Buckley Falls” by Chris Huby
- September 2024: “Spray Farm Lane Portarlington” by Kim Talento
- October 2024: “The Evening Stroll 13th Beach” by Kevan Way
- November 2024: “Kangaroos, Anakie” by Allie Todd
- December 2024: “Floating Christmas Tree” by Amanda Linton
Mayor Trent Sullivan expressed his excitement, saying, “Every year we receive the most breathtaking photos. The way the entrants capture Greater Geelong through their lenses is wonderful. From scenic views to our inner-city streets, the photos our community members take really celebrate everything we love about our region.”
The annual Geelong Wall Calendar is more than just a tool to plan the year ahead; it’s a visual journey that encapsulates the identity, natural beauty, and values of the Greater Geelong community.
Keep an eye out for the delivery of these exquisite calendars in November, and get ready to adorn your walls with the splendor of the region.