Tex Perkins is back with the Songs of Johnny Cash in a brand-new show.
There are few artists who can translate the work of Johnny Cash and bring it to the modern day like Tex Perkins. His affinity and reverence for Johnny Cash’s career is evident in the way he approaches every song as if he’s lived it himself.
Now you’ll see for yourself when Perkins returns to the stage with a brand-new show playing the songs of Johnny Cash. He will kick off The Man In Black tour in Sydney in September, before heading across the country over three months. Locally, he’ll bring the show to Ballarat Civic Hall, Ballarat and Ulumbarra Theatre, Bendigo on October 7 and 8, respectively.
Tex Perkins – The Man In Black
- Wednesday 20th September – State Theatre, Sydney
- Thursday 21st September – Civic Theatre, Newcastle
- Saturday 23rd September – Wollongong Town Hall, Wollongong
- Sunday 24th September – Canberra Theatre Centre, Canberra
- Thursday 5th October – Palais Theatre, Melbourne
- Saturday 7th October – Ballarat Civic Hall, Ballarat
- Sunday 8th October – Ulumbarra Theatre, Bendigo
- Friday 3rd November – Her Majesty’s Theatre, Adelaide
- Saturday 4th November – Bunbury Regional Entertainment Centre (BREC), Bunbury
- Sunday 5th November – The Regal Theatre, Perth
- Thursday 23rd November – Twin Towns Services Club, Tweed Heads
- Friday 24th November – Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC), Brisbane
Keep up with the latest music news, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
View this post on Instagram
Tex Perkins needs no introduction to Australian audiences; he is a legend within the Aussie music industry and is revered as one of the country’s rock n’ roll outlaws. It is said his affinity with Johnny Cash started in his earliest band and is an enthusiasm he hasn’t relinquished.
After fronting The Cruel Sea, Beasts of Bourbon and touring with Tex, Don and Charlie and now Tex Perkins and The Fat Rubber Band, Tex has had an incredible and varied career.
If, as we say, Perkins needs no introduction, then that goes tenfold for Johnny Cash. If you don’t know who Johnny Cash is, I’m surprised you’ve read this far. Quite simply, the man is a legend in the true sense of the word, one of the absolute giant cornerstones of popular music over the last century.
Tex Perkins – The Man In Black takes us on a fast-paced, rollicking rock ‘n’ roll journey to the heart of the music. With some of his best-loved songs, this unique concert is set to satisfy Johnny Cash fans all over again.
Tickets on sale Thursday, 20 July at 10am. Grab yours here.