Rocket Science are excited to announce details for their new single and companion video Fashion Emergency, and their long awaited sixth studio album Push Play, both set to be released Friday September 22 via the band’s new home, Cheersquad Records & Tapes.
The band will also embark on a nine-date East Coast tour to support the new release playing Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, alongside regional shows in Ballarat, Geelong, Castlemaine, Bulli, Woy Woy, and Currumbin.
- Friday October 20 – Northcote Social Club, Northcote VIC – Tickets Here
- Friday October 27- Heritage Hotel, Bulli NSW – Tickets Here
- Saturday October 28 – Factory Floor, Marrickville NSW – Tickets Here
- Sunday October 29 – Link & Pin, Woy Woy NSW (arvo) – Tickets Here
- Friday November 3 – Volta, Ballarat VIC – Tickets Here
- Saturday November 4 – Barwon Club, Geelong VIC – Tickets Here
- Saturday November 11 – The Bridge, Castlemaine VIC – Tickets Here
- Friday November 17 – The Bearded Lady, Brisbane QLD – Tickets Here
- Saturday November 18 – Mo’s Desert Tavern, Currumbin QLD (arvo) – Tickets Here
Keep up with the latest music news, features, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
Push Play is available for pre-order Here digitally and on limited edition orange or black 12” vinyl from Friday September 22. Fashion Emergency, the new single from Rocket Science depicts a world that is forever obsessed with minutiae and the self.
“Our reliance on fashion and cheap manufacturing to keep us amused lead us on to a hostile, dystopian future. Fashion Emergency sees the audience become voyeurs in an irony free and urgent conversation between a stylist, photographer, and makeup artist. The model is not invited into the discussion and neither are we.”
Now in their 25th year together, Rocket Science are releasing their sixth long player Push Play. Conceived and nurtured in Naarm during the long dark nights of lockdown, Push Play reveals the many faces of Rocket Science’s myriad influences, musical, social, sartorial, and chemical.
Recorded and produced by the band and guitarist Paul Maybury at his A Secret Location Sound Recorders studio and mixed by Paul ‘Woody’ Annison, nothing was left unexplored, no flight of imagination unfollowed in the creation of this work.
Rocket Science shows are a phenomenon that can only be truly appreciated in person. Playing at venues near you in Oct-Nov 2023, the Push Play album launch tour will deliver flavours old, new, and sometimes askew.
Rocket Science’s Fashion Emergency single and their long awaited sixth studio album Push Play are out Friday September 22 and available here.