A fun new twist on your classic breakfast porridge.
Breakfast has never looked (or tasted) this good, and it’s all thanks to foodie, surfer, writer, presenter, marine biologist and traveller Hayden Quinn.
Hayden first caught our attention with his playful personality, boyish good looks and ability to create vibrant, tasty dishes on the 2011 series of MasterChef Australia, and hasn’t stopped since, continuing to follow his passion for travel and experiencing new food and cultures.
Operating under the mantra “live life, eat well, travel far”, Hayden has shared a healthy and delicious breakfast recipe in honour of the nation’s favourite sweet treat – the dairy-free Lamington Porridge.
Inspiring us all to embrace our inner Masterchef, this easy to make breakfast will see you starting your day in a seriously good mood.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
1 cup frozen raspberries
2 tbsp water
3/4 cup UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats
1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk*
100g 70% dairy free dark chocolate**, broken into small pieces
1/4 cup coconut flakes
2 tbsp cocoa nibs
4-5 fresh raspberries
1. For the “jam”, place frozen raspberries in a small saucepan with water and cook over a low heat until raspberries have softened and are beginning to break down (you may need to mash them slightly with a spoon). Remove from heat and set aside until serving.
2. Place the UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats and coconut milk in a small pot on a medium-to high heat. Bring the oat mixture to boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer until oats are soft and creamy, stirring continuously. When oats are at your desired consistency, pour half of the mixture into two serving bowls.
3. Add dark chocolate pieces to the remaining mixture in the pot and stir through thoroughly. Once chocolate is fully combined, spoon the chocolate porridge into your serving bowls and stir through.
4. Top porridge with raspberry “jam”, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs and fresh raspberries. Enjoy.
* Feel free to replace with a dairy free milk of your choice instead.
** Optional: For a non-dairy free option, opt for the dark chocolate of your choice.
Keep up with Hayden Quinn and his recipes via his website.