Fortitude Valley’s music industry market extravaganza, BIGSOUND, and this week announced a third round of speakers, adding to an already stacked lineup of industry professionals, all set to descend upon Brisbane from September 5 to 8.
Leading the charge is none other than Mike Shinoda, co-founder and frontman of the legendary alternative rock band Linkin Park, the iconic Christine Anu, Ziggy Ramo, Kate Miller-Heidke, Georgia Maq and more.
This comes hot on the heels of their already astonishing second lineup announcement that featured some of the industry’s biggest names, including Simon Napier-Bell, who’s managed the likes of Wham!, Yardbirds, Marc Bolan and Boney M to name a few.
Keep up with the latest music news, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
Mike Shinoda’s illustrious career spans almost three decades, having notched up an impressive three Grammy Awards for his solo work and contributions to Linkin Park and Fort Minor.
View this post on Instagram
Also taking the stage as part of BIGSOUND’s expanded First Nations Goolwal Goolwal program is the iconic Christine Anu. With a remarkable 27-year career, Anu, a proud Torres Strait Islander, has achieved an astonishing 17 ARIA Award nominations and secured four ARIA Award wins.
Another standout addition to the 2023 program is Ziggy Ramo, an Indigenous and Solomon Island rapper and changemaker. With his 2020 LP Black Thoughts gaining critical acclaim, his music, along with his speaking engagements and directorial projects, has propelled him to become one of Australian music’s most influential voices, addressing settler colonialism, institutional racism, race, masculinity, and mental health.
Kate Miller-Heidke is also set to join the lineup. Having accomplished the rare feat of performing at Eurovision Song Contest, Coachella, and the New York Metropolitan Opera, Miller-Heidke’s songwriting and live performances have earned her 18 ARIA Award nominations and five Helpmann Awards.
Other notable personalities gracing the BIGSOUND stage include the globally recognised producer Anna Lunoe, the thought-provoking Georgia Maq, the prolific composer Joff Bush of Bluey fame, and the multi-talented Sophie Payten, better known as Gordi.
With over 140 emerging acts set to perform for music industry professionals and eager fans, BIGSOUND 2023 promises to be an unforgettable event. For three huge days, Fortitude Valley will once again host the biggest hearts and minds in the global music industry, creating an unparalleled opportunity to discover the future of music.
View this post on Instagram
BIGSOUND Conference announcements
Third Conference Announcement
- Adrian Collette OAM (Creative Australia)
- Alex The Astronaut (Artist)
- Anna Lunoe (Artist)
- Antony Attridge (Burn Gently)
- Ash King (Support Act)
- Brittany Spanos (Rolling Stone)
- Brodie Lancaster (Journalist)
- Casey O’Shaughnessy (Select)
- Chris O’Neill (APRA AMCOS)
- Christine Anu (Artist)
- Dean Ormston (APRA AMCOS)
- Edwina Flock (Environmental Music Prize)
- Genna Alexopoulos (Super Duper)
- Georgia Maq (Artist)
- Heidi Lenffer (FEAT)
- Joff Bush (Composer)
- Kate Miller-Heidke (Artist)
- Kathy Wilson (Suitcase Records)
- Mike Shinoda (Artist)
- Mikey Cahill (Journalist)
- Paige X. Cho (Bolster Group)
- Sophie Payten (Gordi) (Artist)
- Sosefina Fuamoli (Journalist)
- Viv Mellish (Gyrostream)
- Ziggy Ramo (Artist)
Second Conference Announcement
- Chloe Pean (AEG Presents)
- Chris Brearley (Greyline Touring / School Night)
- Chris Duncan (The Orchard)
- Christiaan Kröner (FUGA / Downtown)
- Cora Chan (Cockenflap Festival)
- David Telfer (DMT Law Firm)
- Dev Sherlock (SXSW)
- Ed Lilo (Festival Republic)
- Eli Gelernter (Wasserman)
- Hallie Anderson (Rareform)
- Hannah Sklonick (Secretly Group)
- Jackie Palazzolo (Riot Games)
- Jaclyn Ulman (Grandstand Media)
- Jacob Daneman (Pitch Perfect PR)
- Jamie Shaughnessy (CAA)
- Jule Konrad (FMLY)
- Kate English (Parallel Lines)
- Louisa Robinson (Form Presents)
- Matt Hanner (Runaway Artists)
- Patrick Daniel (Reeperbahn)
- Seth Hubbard (Polyvinyl)
- Seth Kallen (This Faction)
- Silke Westera (FKP Scorpio)
- Simon Franglen (Composer/Producer)
- Simon Napier-Bell (Manager)
- Steve Zapp (ITB)
- Tony Kiewel (Sub Pop)
First Conference Announcement
- Ash Stahl (Flightless)
- Cabrea Casey (Downtown Music)
- Hazel Savage (Soundcloud)
- Michele Ronzon (Interscope)
- Omar Grant (ROC Nation)
- Scott Cohen (JKBX)
- Vanessa Palmer (Paramount)
For tickets and more info, head to BIGSOUND.