Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds return to Australia this April.
Kid Congo Powers, with a rock n’ roll resume that reads like a musical odyssey, has been a driving force in iconic bands such as cowpunk blues outfit The Gun Club, legendary psycho-billy purveyors The Cramps, and Australia’s own, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds.
Now, he’s back with The Pink Monkey Birds, ready to bring their undistilled rock and roll magic to Australia. They’ll take to Melbourne, Castlemaine, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Sydney and Brisbane.
Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds Australian Tour Dates:
- Thursday, 18 April: Corner Hotel, Melbourne, VIC (Tickets on sale from Corner Hotel)
- Friday, 19 April: Theatre Royal, Castlemaine, VIC (Tickets on sale from Theatre Royal)
- Saturday, 20 April: Lion Arts Factory, Adelaide, VIC (Tickets on sale from Lion Arts Factory)
- Sunday, 21 April: Rosemount Hotel, Perth, WA (Tickets on sale from Rosemount Hotel)
- Wednesday, 24 April: Republic Bar, Hobart, TAS (Tickets on sale from Republic Bar)
- Thursday, 25 April: Oxford Art Factory, Sydney, NSW (Tickets on sale from Oxford Arts Factory)
- Saturday, 27 April: The Zoo, Brisbane, QLD (Tickets on sale from The Zoo)
Keep up with the latest music news, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
The excitement amplifies with Kid Congo’s fourth trip Down Under, hot on the heels of his 2022 memoir, ‘Some New Kind of Kick,’ which received critical acclaim for its raw authenticity and compelling storytelling. The tour is in support of their latest album, ‘That Delicious Vice,’ scheduled for release in April 2024 via In the Red Records.
‘That Delicious Vice’ promises to be a sonic journey recorded in the scorching summer of 2023 in Tucson, Arizona, featuring collaboration with LA Chicana punk icon Alice Bag on tracks “Wicked World” and “A Beast, a Priest.” This fifth full-length studio album marks a new chapter as The Pink Monkey Birds transition into a three-piece band.
But wait, there’s more! For the Australian leg of the tour, the trio will be joined by a surprise secret weapon, adding an extra layer of excitement and mystery to the experience. The secret weapon will be revealed at the first show in Melbourne, so fans better be there to witness the magic unfold.
Tickets go on sale 10am AEDT Tuesday, Nov 14.