How good is tucking up on the couch with one of your favourite desserts?
How long is a piece of string?
Well good news, Geelong’s Twisted Dessert Bar have revealed the recipe for their ‘No Bake Snickers Cheesecake’, so you can satisfy that sweet tooth from your own home. With layers of creamy cheesecake filling, caramel, and Snickers candy bars, this makes for an irresistible and incredibly easy treat for any occasion.
Located on the corner Little Malop street, Twisted Dessert Bar is the go-to place for anyone who has a sweet tooth with their range of cupcakes, cheesecakes, cookies, brownies, slices and truffles and is just one of the four Central Geelong businesses who are sharing an exclusive recipe for foodies to try at home as part of the Tastes of Central Geelong Festival.
Better still, not only are we gifted with the delicious recipe to try, but there’s also a chance to win one of four $150 vouchers by doing so.
All you have to do is take a photo of the end product of your attempt at one or more of the recipes, upload it to www.centralgeelong.com.au/competitions/145, and complete the form before 31 July to go into the draw. There will be one winner for each recipe and each winner will receive a voucher to the business whose recipe they won with.
Now without further ado, here’s the mouthwatering No Bake Snickers Cheesecake recipe from Lois Norbury at Twisted Dessert Bar.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Additional time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
• 3 whole chocolate ripple cookies, crushed
• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup caramel sauce
• 1 cup Snickers Bites, cut into quarters plus more for garnish
• Add crushed chocolate ripple cookies to each glass or dessert bowl.
• Add softened cream cheese to a mixer bowl and beat with whisk attachment for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides half way through.
• Add heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on low until mixture is combined. Raise to high and beat 3-4 minutes or until light, fluffy and smooth.
• Pipe a bit of the filling over the chocolate ripple cookie crumbs.
• Add about a tablespoon of caramel over each.
• Pipe a bit more filling over caramel.
• Add chopped Snickers Bites.
• Fill the remainder with cheesecake filling.
• Top with additional caramel and Snickers Bites.
• Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
How easy is that?! You can also have a crack at the three other recipes from local chefs here.
This event forms part of the Tastes of Central Geelong Festival. Click here to see more food related events and offers happening between 1-31 July.