With their previously announced Melbourne show on Wednesday January 4 selling out, Arctic Monkeys are adding a second date to the Melbourne leg of their tour on Thursday January 5.
The acclaimed rockers will perform a second night at VIC’s iconic Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Thursday January 5 2023, making it two gigs back-to-back at the famous outdoor venue for the band. Acclaimed Melbourne outfit Mildlife will join Arctic Monkeys as special guests for both shows.
The key takeaways
- Arctic Monkeys are adding a second show after their Melbourne show sold out
- The second show has been announced for Thursday January 5, 2023
- They will be joined by Mildlife
With tickets to Melbourne’s first date and Brisbane exhausted, and Sydney tickets flying out the door, once again Australia has confirmed their unadulterated love of Arctic Monkeys – last here in 2019.
The Sheffield band have released six studio albums to date. 2006’s Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not was the fastest-selling debut album in UK chart history upon its release, winning the Mercury Music Prize (the band nominated a further three times). It was followed by Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007), Humbug (2009), Suck It And See (2011), AM (2013), and Tranquility Base Hotel + Casino (2018).
With global album sales of over 25 million and a digital fanbase of over 30 million followers, Arctic Monkey’s music has been streamed over nine billion times to date, accruing on average 6.5 million streams daily. They’ve won seven Brit Awards, 20 NME Awards, 5 Q Awards, and nominated for three Grammys.
Arctic Monkeys Tour:
- Wednesday January 4, Sidney Myer Music Bowl Melbourne SOLD OUT
- Thursday January 5, Sidney Myer Music Bowl Melbourne (New Show)
- Wednesday January 11, Riverstage Brisbane SOLD OUT
- Thursday January 11, Riverstage Brisbane (New Show)
They’re also appearing for shows in Sydney and festivals Lost Paradise, Falls and Heaps Good.
Grab your tickets to Arctic Monkeys before they sell out (again!) by heading here.