Global Y2K pop superstar Christina Aguilera is coming to Australia for the first time in 15 years.
Victoria’s epic 17-day celebration of live music, ALWAYS LIVE, in collaboration with Untitled Group and supported by the State Government through Visit Victoria, is making waves with an exciting announcement. Due to overwhelming demand, additional tickets are being released for the exclusive Christina Aguilera concert at Flemington Racecourse.
In what will be her only performance in Australia or New Zealand, the six-time Grammy Award-winning superstar, singer, songwriter, activist, actor, and icon will grace the stage on Saturday, November 25th.
Keep up with the latest music news, festivals, interviews and reviews here.
This show will not only kick off ALWAYS LIVE’s massive opening weekend but also commemorate the 20th anniversary of Aguilera’s iconic pop album ‘Stripped.’ Furthermore, it marks her first Australian appearance since 2007. With a monumental back-catalogue of number one hits including “Dirrty,” “Genie in a Bottle,” “What a Girl Wants,” “Lady Marmalade,” and “Beautiful,” Christina Aguilera is rightfully hailed as the ‘voice of a generation.’
ALWAYS LIVE CEO Steve Smith expressed his enthusiasm, stating, “The response to ALWAYS LIVE has been phenomenal, and we are thrilled to accommodate even more music lovers at Christina Aguilera’s one and only concert.”
This exclusive performance is the result of a collaboration between ALWAYS LIVE and Untitled Group, Australia’s largest independent promoter and the creative minds behind festivals such as Beyond The Valley, Grapevine Gathering, Wildlands, Ability Fest, and Pitch Music & Arts.
ALWAYS LIVE promises a musical extravaganza featuring over 165 artists performing across more than 60 events, ranging from stadium shows to intimate performances. The 2023 program is set to deliver unforgettable performances from both international and local artists, spanning across Victoria from November 24th to December 10th.
From regional Victoria to metropolitan Melbourne, ALWAYS LIVE aims to offer something for everyone, everywhere. Some of the program highlights for 2023 include:
- Eric Prydz bringing his internationally acclaimed HOLO show exclusively to Melbourne for ALWAYS LIVE.
- An intimate audience with Jessie Ware presented by Summer Camp Festival at Fed Square.
- A.B. Original leading the Hometown series with a free performance in Shepparton.
- Amyl and the Sniffers embarking on a seven-date state-wide tour, supported by Dumb Punts.
- Peter Garrett and The Alter Egos debuting new music at Wangaratta Arts Centre.
- Cosmic Psychos celebrating their 40th anniversary with three shows in Castlemaine.
- RISES IN THE EAST featuring Amy Shark, Tones And I, Budjerah, and Jessie Ware.
- Jai Paul performing in Australia-New Zealand exclusive shows at 170 Russell.
- Caroline Polachek at Melbourne’s Forum Theatre.
- An intimate audience with Angie McMahon presented by kit: at Victoria by Farmers Daughters.
- BLAKTIVISM at Hamer Hall, featuring King Stingray and other First Nations artists.
- Taylor Made, the ultimate Taylor Swift tribute shows at Northcote Theatre.
- Emma Donovan and Friends at the Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia gallery.
- SOUNDBOX, ALWAYS LIVE’S purpose-built pop-up studio at Arts Centre Melbourne.
- Garage Band, a special out-of-season presentation featuring emerging bands.
- Gonna Be Good, a series of performances by iconic artists at suburban venues.
- Summer Camp, an inclusive outdoor music festival headlined by Jessie Ware and Trixie Mattel.
- SOUL TRAINS with Lee Fields & The Expressions, Surprise Chef, and Ella Thompson.
- End of the Line, family-friendly events at the end of train lines in Sandringham and Williamstown.
- The Jamaican Food and Music Festival at Seaworks in Williamstown.
- Ballroom Mixtapes, a celebration of new music at Brunswick Ballroom.
Tickets for Christina Aguilera are on sale here.