Earlier this week we were blessed with the triumphant return of far North Queensland’s Greta Stanley when she revealed her new single, ‘Soak Into This’.
This track follows Stanley’s 2019 EP ‘Sun In My Eyes’, and is her first new release of the decade, as well as her most immediate and engaging song yet!
Blending indie-rock and smart pop overtones with her folkier roots, ‘Soak Into This’ is a serious earworm.
To celebrate the vibrant new track, we sat down (virtually of course) with Greta and got her to spill five things that we wouldn’t know about her.
1. I own an adopted greyhound, although if anyone follows me on Instagram they 100% know this all too well and she’s my favourite face to post. I adopted her in 2018, she’s 5 now and her name is Stormy. I swear all she does is sleep and eat but adopting her was the best thing I ever did!
2. My favourite artists as a little girl were Jojo, Neyo & P!NK. Safe to say two of those have changed, I still love P!nk.
3. I work two day jobs that I love outside of music! One in retail selling awesome bohemian clothing, and one as a disability support worker.
4. I still live in Cairns, I feel like a lot of people think I live in a big city but I’m still making music out of Cairns in far north Queensland, a lot of people wonder why I stay in the little smoke but I love it up here and it’s so beautiful to live somewhere surrounded by rainforests, beaches and waterfalls and I believe you can still be successful living regionally if you work hard enough!
5. Outside of touring, I’m a bit of a hermit. I love time at home with my dogs and/or partner, or exploring swimming spots, visiting the markets and quality time with close friends and family. I live close to the beach and some beautiful waterfalls so that’s how I like to spend my days off when I can, but I don’t live much of a ‘rockstar’ life, I usually go to bed at 9:30pm! haha.
Check out ‘Soak Into This’ below!