Ahead of her new release Pretty Faces, Leah Senior got honest with us and shared the stories behind five tracks from the upcoming release.
1. Pretty Faces is a song about finding your love and pretending to be on TV. It’s about strange faces being wonderful and people growing on each other over time.
2. Black Limousine is about my distaste for many party bangers and other similar antisocial feelings. Watching others go out, wanting to feel connected but not knowing how to relate.
3. Loser. One morning I was feeling so bad I decided I’d never write again. In the afternoon I sat in the kitchen and wrote Loser in about 5 minutes. It’s about giving up your expectations and then feeling liberated- rediscovering joy.
4. Jenny is a song about a temperamental character who once danced. It’s about the sort of people who make art for themselves but are afraid of the critics. Jenny embodies the more sensitive feelings I have associated with putting music out into world.
5. All My Friends. A song refuting conventional ideas of getting ahead. It’s a song to myself saying it’s okay to make music and to not worry to much about anything else.
You can purchase Pretty Faces via the Flightless Records website, or see it in the flesh when she heads to Karova Lounge in Ballarat on Friday, June 9 (find out more info here) or when she heads to the Toff in Town in Melbourne on Saturday, June 17 (more info here).